ISRAEL LAUNCHES SECOND ROUND OF AIR ATTACKS ON WESTERN SYRIA (21.08.2015)
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Israeli Air Force resumed airstrikes on Western Syria, targeting Brigade 68 Base in Khan Al-Sheih in Damascus province and Brigade 90 Base in the al-Quneitra province after a six hour halt in attacks that followed their multiple air raids over the Golan Heights.
The Brigade 68 Base has no heavy weaponry that can reach Israel’s borders and the soldiers inside its parameters have been under siege by the al-Qaeda-linked group of al-Nusra Front and their allies from Ajnad al-Sham and Jeish al-Islam.
According to a military source in Damascus, the Israeli aircrafts were identified as helicopters that crossed into the Syrian Golan Heights before midnight on Thursday night.
As of now, no casualties have confirmed by the Syrian Armed Forces; however, these recent airstrikes are believed to have been more intense that the previous round of attacks launched by the Israeli air force.
Damascus, SANA – The Israeli enemy’s air force targeted a civilian car in al-Koum village in Quneitra province, leaving 5 civilians dead, SANA reporter in Quneitra said on Friday.
“A hostile Israeli drone targeted at 10:35 am today a civilian car, 50 m away from a popular market in al-Koum village,” the reporter said.
The Israeli aggression, the reporter added, killed five civilians of Quneitra city’s locals.
Coinciding with the Israeli attack, the terrorist organizations tried to infiltrate al-Baath City from the direction of al-Hurriyeh village and al-Samadaniyeh area.
The terrorists also launched an attack from the direction of Jbata al-Khashab on al-Himriyeh area in the surroundings of Hadar village.
SANA reporter said the attacks were completely foiled and the terrorists suffered heavy losses.
Earlier on Thursday evening, warplanes of the Israeli enemy targeted a military post near Quneitra, leaving one army member killed and 7 others injured, a military source said on Thursday.
“In a bid to support the armed terrorist organizations and boost their low morale, the hostile Israeli air force targeted a military post on the direction of Quneitra at 11:30 pm,” the source said.
The aggression, the source added, killed an army member and injured 7 others.
Hours earlier, an Israeli helicopter fired rockets on Quneitra at 6:30 pm targeting the Transport Directorate and the Governorate’s Building, noting that the rockets caused material damage only.
Governor of Quneitra Ahmad Sheikh Abdul-Qader visited the two government buildings and said in a statement to the reporters that the Israeli enemy’s air force targeted “services facilities in an attempt to back up the terrorist organizations that tried to infiltrate al-Baath city and Khan Arnaba town, but couldn’t make any breakthrough on any direction.”
“Life is normal in al-Baath city, Khan Arnaba town and al-Koum village,” the governor stressed, noting that the locals and armed forces in Quneitra are determined to expel all the mercenary terrorists and the “Israeli entity’s tools” from all areas of the province.
Please note: Our long-standing civilian resistance that began on June 2nd 2001 is not a 'news' media outlet. We only publish information to help save civilian lives.